Tuesday, July 19, 2005

In Which I talk about my trip


Foster City 7.05 135
Originally uploaded by kelito.

I left Wednesday from the office at lunch time. My flight was scheduled to leave at 3:30. By the time I got to the airport, I was looking at 4:15, but you know - 45 minutes isn't that bad. Eventually I was hit with the news that my flight was being delayed until 6:30. So I called my husband and I called Kristine. I knew that she was going to try and meet me in Foster City that night, but since my plane wasn't leaving until 6:30, I didn't think we'd be able to get together. So you know what she tells me?

"Can you catch a flight to Sacramento and I'll drive you to Foster City?"

I quickly run back to my original gate, they put me on standby for the plane that is currently boarding to Sacramento. I run down the terminal to get to the gate all the while complaining on the phone to Kristine that it's not nice to make fat chicks run in heels. I run up to the gate and the sign says the flight is full. But I see the attendant is still at the turnstile and I ask if there's any way I can get on this flight and he tells me yes - there's one seat left. But my bags will not make it. So I quickly tell Kristine that I'm on the flight and that I'll land in Sacramento at 5:20 and that I'm wearing a pink shirt, black pants and carrying a floral bag.

I call my husband from the plane and it all of the sudden hits me. I've just put myself on a plane to nowhere near where I need to be tomorrow morning at 9:00 for work. I've talked to Kristine a few times, but I don't *know* her. I have no money to rent a car...basically, if Kristine doesn't show up to get me - I'm screwed.

Thankfully, as I'm coming down the escalator at the Sacramento Airport - there she is!

She is just as wonderful and funny and kind as she comes across through Random and Odd. Her friend 'Cita is just as wonderful and funny and kind as Kristine. We had a fabulous trip from Sacramento to Foster City and I saw areas of California that I otherwise would not have seen. It was great! I rode in Van Morrison! I took pictures with the BAMF! Since I was having problems getting someone to tell me where my checked bag had gone, she and 'Cita made sure to run me up to the airport to pick it up. Yes, Kristine has parking garage anxiety. But I didn't think it was all that bad. I mean, no one likes to drive in a crazy parking garage.

I was very sad when she had to leave - but as it was, it was late and she needed to get home. Maybe Kristine, we can meet up at Mt. Rushmore sometime?

Training was fabulous, and I mean that. I learned SO much and everyone at our corporate office is fantastically nice. I met another manager from Hell-A and she and I had dinner together Thursday night.

My room was great - a big bed all to myself that didn't have cat hair or cookie crumbs all over it. But you know what, come Friday morning, I missed all the cat hair and cookie crumbs and other occupants of my bed.

Check out my flickr slide show.

6 Comments:

At 7/20/2005 11:02:00 AM, Blogger Shaun said...

awwwwww........great, now she's gonna make a habit out of picking up stray bloggers!!

 
At 7/20/2005 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Glad you had a good trip! YOUR BIG BED LOOKS DIVINE. Pics were great, love the one with the wing and clouds, and the one that has all the square things getting smaller.

PS. Those shoes mighta hurt but they are really cute!

 
At 7/21/2005 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Girl From Ipanema said...

Oh my goodness...THE BREAKFAST...I'M STARVING...you gonna eat all that? ;)

Gorgeous shots! :)

 
At 7/21/2005 03:32:00 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

It was fun!! I love stray bloggers!!

 
At 2/06/2006 06:11:00 PM, Blogger Tn Tennessee House Cleaning said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
Click on my id idaho house cleaning blog before its to late.

 
At 4/26/2007 08:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home