Monday, July 25, 2005

mrtl motif Monday - Goals

Ugh, my goal, not only this week, but for all time is to get organized.

I haven't been on much this weekend. As soon as I started feeling better Saturday morning, I had just enough time to take Rusty Shackelford
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
to the vet for his free health exam. Good news, he's healthy. Bad news, he still needs all his shots to the tune of $100. Oh, and on Sunday, I found one of my fabulous new Enzo's under the couch with the heel chewed up. I think it can be fixed, but still. WTH, dog??

I haven't felt much like blogging. I haven't felt like doing much of anything. I think it's because my life feels so out of control right now that I'm not sure what's what. My period was really late this month. Like by about 4 days. I'm usually never late. It started yesterday with a vengeance. But all day Saturday and some of the day yesterday as my husband and I contemplated what a baby would add to our situation it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm tired of living with mess. And our whole life feels like a mess right now. My husband is back to work, but we're nowhere near caught up on everything, including the attorney for our bankruptcy. When we moved into our duplex, we knew we'd have to do some downsizing, since this house is much smaller than our former residence. Needless to say, we need to look at either storing or getting rid of more stuff. I've also subscribed to flylady again. I may sign my husband up as well. I feel like we have lots of goals that we're not going to accomplish until we get the mess taken care of. Buying a house, not until the bankruptcy's done and we get our credit reestablished, but we have to clean up the mess first. Vacation next summer? Clean up the mess first. New furniture? Clean up the mess first.

Sorry this is so downbeat. I'm really trying to pull myself out of it, but I just feel so overwhelmed and tired.

10 Comments:

At 7/25/2005 12:40:00 PM, Blogger butterstar said...

Oh hon. Are you sure you're not living my life? You're not here, hiding under my bed, are you? :)

We put a whole ton of stuff in storage when we moved to our dinky place. Haven't sorted out most of it yet. And we still have stuff in boxes in my office at the apt. Though I have sorted through some of the mess in the house, there's still a lot to do.

BUT. Don't put off living your life (ie. having fun) just because of a little mess. Or a BIG mess (trust me, I know all about big messes). You still deserve a break. And some fun.

I would devote one or two days a week (a month?) specifically to attacking the mess-that-would-not-die. Don't try to do it all at once. Flylady's not a bad idea either, if it works for you (never worked for me--probably because the emails kept getting blocked. That and my sink is impossible to get completely clean. hee).

I know how you feel though. Having a giagantic mess to clean up (esp if some of it is someone else's mess, and you've little or no help) is a royal pain. And quite demoralizing. Hang in there and realize that every step forward is an accomplishment! Geez, that sounds trite and vaguely patronizing. So helpful, huh? I'll shut up now.

Still, I've been there. Heck, I AM there. I'm wid ya.

 
At 7/25/2005 03:07:00 PM, Blogger Girl From Ipanema said...

yikes...sorry about all of that. one day at a time :(

hope your new dog(RUSTY) brings you joy, puts a smile on your face and helps you relish the beauty in the little things ;)

 
At 7/25/2005 04:56:00 PM, Blogger Toady Joe said...

All ya can do is put one foot in front of the other. Keep making baby steps and eventually you'll look back and appreciate (realize!) how far you've come. Been there done that, and am blogging from the other side. You can do it!!! Blessings.

 
At 7/25/2005 06:29:00 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Aw, KC! Butterstar is wise, yo? Don't put off living your life just because of a little mess... I LOVE that.

And I definitely concur with the "don't try to do it all at once." I mean, instead, you could totally get out of the house and go for a walk in the evening. You could meditate. You could pet and play with your doggie. Or you could even find a way to do something nice for someone else. You know, forget about your own troubles for while, and make someone lese's day in the bargain.

Okay, you are probably going to mock me, but when I am feeling especially down, I like to make a list of things that bless my life. You know, things like, "I have all my toes," and "I can laugh at myself," and "I have three obnoxious, beautiful kiddos," and "My job doesn't totally suck." And it helps. But that's just me.

((((HUGS!))))

It's all good. Messes notwithstanding. Enjoy the moment.

 
At 7/25/2005 06:55:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

I was going to say something like what Butterstar said, but she said it better. Everyone seems to have taken the words right out of my mouth, so I'll just say...

Ditto.

 
At 7/25/2005 07:29:00 PM, Blogger Romani Heart said...

Just take a deep breath and tackle little projects one at a time. It's taken me forever to figure that out, but then, my house is at the moment is in a terrible state.

 
At 7/26/2005 07:00:00 PM, Blogger SoozieQ said...

I really hope things get better for you! Wish there was more I could say or do to make it better.

 
At 2/06/2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Ut Utah House Cleaning said...

Prodigious blog. Loved it so much I went to it
again! Just go online and search for blogs that are
worth the value as yours.
Check out my ma massachusetts house cleaning blog, please!

 
At 3/06/2007 04:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Arizona pay per click advertising Cadillac lasalle antique car prices Bras 44a Search engine directory pay per click service web Columbia backpacks on wheels Discount acuvue 2 acuvue contact lens uk order contact lens Footwear wholesaler buy cheapest tadalafil Chota footwear Fitness system

 
At 3/17/2007 09:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

<< Home